Woohoo! Just got my 6800GT to 430mhz 1.15mhz mem!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you lock your AGP frequency at 66? The only way I could see adjusting the voltage to the AGP slot helping is if you were running it at over 66, but you don't want to do that anyways...
there are two seperate options, one for changing frequency beyond 66MHz and one for voltage which is stock 1.5v so the two don't have anything to do with each other.

Nubius said:
there are two seperate options, one for changing frequency beyond 66MHz and one for voltage which is stock 1.5v so the two don't have anything to do with each other.
I was just trying to think of a reason adjusting the AGP voltage would affect his GPU OC. Does that make sense to you? I guess if it was undervolting for some reason?

I was just trying to think of a reason adjusting the AGP voltage would affect his GPU OC. Does that make sense to you? I guess if it was undervolting for some reason?
like I said I've heard both sides of the story...I remember at DFI street some guy went on a rampage towards another guy how the AGP voltage and adjusting beyond 1.5 doesn't do crap and the other guy responded "yeah I'll remember that next time I get a higher overclock from raising it :rolleyes:" but it's true that it has nothing to do with the GPU voltage though.

However, my card got up to 433/1185 with stock voltage and crap, so I'd think they should hit around there (assuming it's a good card) without having to adjust anything

who knows, theres no explaining why computers do the weird crap they do at times lol

Whats also weird is, once I get passed 410mhz oc'ing my card, my performane actually decreases significantly for some reason. Just noticed that today.

might be getting too hot, but generally thats a sign of your GPU not being able to effectively complete it's calculations, IE not enough voltage to make it completely stable...if you could run prime95 for your GPU it would have errored is basically what I'm getting at.

I've had that happen plus I've seen a lot of people thats had that happen...there aren't any artifacts and things should be going smooth, but yeah the GPU just can't effectively do it's calculations and it's generally lack of Voltage to the GPU or getting a bit too hot

ive got my 6800gt maxed to 450/1.23Ghz, no volt mods, just suk on an nv silencer. I guess i got really lucky. I run it at 440/1.2Ghz for 24/7 use. Idles at about 50C.

Nubius said:
I GUESS I need to be OC'ing this PCI-E...I've got it at Ultra speeds for now just to give it time to burn in a little bit even though I haven't been playing games, been trying to get CPU and RAM stable and crap.

Dang dude, when did you go PCI-E? I thought you had that 6800GT AGP w/ the DFI nF3 board? Did you get an Ultra-D and go PCI-E?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom