Starting to build my pc from scratch

Status
Not open for further replies.

t3hsab

Beta member
Ok, im new here as you can tell, and im in a bit of a hard place, ive been a hardcore gamer for the past three years, and now my pc has burnt out for gaming.

My current pc which is a crappy dell (yes i know)

and last year i went to replace my video card and found out it only had a pci slot, and that upset me, so i got a FX5700LE PCI video card and it has run well. And i also got 2 sticks of 512 ram and that helped, but now my pc cant keep up, i have been playin CS:S for about a year now, and my pc is starting to get on my nerves with low fps.

Specs:
1gb ram
FX5700LE
Intel P4 2.0ghz
not sure about anything else right now.

So now my parents have put me on a budget i need to build me a cpu for 600-700 dollars, and i dont even know how to build one mustless which parts i need to buy for the componets, so any help would be very appreciated. :)

Id also like to know about a os my dell didnt come with a cd with just windows on it could that also be a thing i would need, and a gaming mouse and keyboard. And any help sites that could walk me through building a pc?

Well you don't need a monitor so that will help...
If you are going to be gaming, go AMD for SURE !
Search our forums for system specs and decide from there.
Good Luck

MSI K8N NEO4-F - 85

corsair valueselect 1GB - 89

seagate barracuda Sata150 80GB - 65

eVGA 6600GT pcie - 153

amd athlon 64 3000+ - 146

any case - 20

thermaltake 420W dual fan power supply - 36

594 dollars, am i missing anything. i always feel like i missing something

mx518 - 40

Saitek PZ30AU Black 104 Normal Keys 4 Function Keys USB Wired Standard Eclipse Keyboard - Retail - 47

681 dollars is your total

i say get good corsair ram not vlue select...it may mean a bit more or u have 2 pay some yourself but it will be better..........

eatmy91 said:
i say get good corsair ram not vlue select...it may mean a bit more or u have 2 pay some yourself but it will be better..........
It only matters for overclocking. At stock speeds they will perform the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom