Changing RAM timings same thing as changing MHZ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can run at 2.7 but I crash alot in games. I use to be able to run it at that stable, but not anymore. So it's a work in progress :p I was considering upping the voltage, that may help like it did my video card.

Yea if your BIOS doesnt lock up when you try to lower it, im forced to stay at 4..... If i try to change it my BIOS just locks up and wont let me change anything, i have to shut down and reset it to get it to work again :-\

My mobo has a auto overclocking feature in the bios. 1%, 3%, 5%, and 10%. I figured it would automatically do all that crap for me. Ill change it to 3 and see how it runs some games on 10% instead of 5%.

your RAM was already overclocked...you could see that it was at 210MHz and no doubt it's at 220MHz right now....BTW, cas latency and the cycle time dont effect bandwidth so theres really no point in tightening them from 2.5 to 2 and from 6 to 5...all your doing there is increasing instability...so you need to loosen those back up and if you're going to continue pushing it, I suggest something like 3-3-3-8

so your telling me you only OC'd 120mhz? That is weak. IF your going to OC that much it is not worth doing it at all. You need like an OC of at least 400mhz to slightly see a difference in performance.
1. You can tell he's probably not an overclocking pro, nor do I doubt his motherboard is one made for adequate overclocking.

2. It's not an Intel, even 200Mhz on an AMD will make a performance increase.

Yeah im definitly not an overclocking pro. It's just I can't overclock "perfectly" and have all the settings right so I can squeeze all the potential out of my cpu lol. I use to know alot of things but I forgot since I never really worried about Oc'ing. But since some of these newer games came out like F.E.A.R and such, I kinda want to run those games well with high graphics. My mobo is suppose to be good for overclocking, check it out, in my sig.

I don't know who makes K8N-E Delux mobo...if I had to guess I'd say ASUS, but yeah anything that only allows to overclock by choosing percents like yours is doing isn't good for overclocking IMO, primarily just because those settings dont really allow you to truly fine tune it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom