Can't overclock eVGA 6800GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thresh said:
Yeah but 370mhz'ish I don't think you should. But increasing the voltage by .1 won't bother it at all. If your worried about it, and you have coolbits, actually I think normal Nvidia drivers have it, but if you go into where you OC your card you can just click temperature settings and do a quick stress test on say CS:Source since it comes with one, and look at the temp after it. Then go play some games and keep minmizing checking your temp.

Did you have to increase the voltage to OC your 6800GT?

No, no, no. You DO NOT have to worry about voltage. Increasing the voltage can only be done by 1) a hardware mod 2) flashing with a custom/hacked BIOS, neither of which you want to do at this point.

The idle temperature before the benchmark was 56 C, and the maximum temperature during the benchmark was 76 C with a score of 4879. What do y'all think?
The temps aren't bad, but the temps while it is OC'd are more important than at stock. Keep checking temps as you increase the frequency's. IMO, I would keep full load temps under 85C (90C is probably OK, but that starts making me nervous.)

How are you checking load temps BTW? You need to use Rivatuner, which creates a graph. After the test is done, you scroll back through the graph finding the peak temp. If you just check it after the test is done you will not get an accurate load temp.

If it is not artifacting, I would continue to increase frequency's and see what temps and scores do.

ummmm actually you can change the voltage with your mobo, if it supports it, which all newer ones do. And yes, in order to get my video card stable I had to increase the voltage. Look in your advanced options and click your 6800 gt tab, and to the left you will see different things you can click... click temperature. Honestly not that hard.

BTW this goes for people who use the latest nvidia cards, im not sure about the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom