Demon_Cleaner

Beta member
Here is my setup:

Chenbro X-pider Case
Antec 380W Truepower (2 fans)
Pentium 4 2.6c Ghz 800FSB
MSI Neo 2 FIS2R
1 GB (512x2) Corsair XMS TwinX pc-3200
Geforce FX5200 (soon to be Radeon 9600XT)
Seagate SATA 120GB
cd-rw/dvd + floppy

I idle anywhere from 30C-38C and under full load of gaming 48C-56C
A local repair guy put on some arctic silver and im getting about the same temps.
I have 1 80mm fan in the front sucking in air from the outside and a 120mm fan blowing air out the back, which is all the fans my case supports.
I have experienced a few lockups which I think may be from heat when gaming for extended periods of time, and will probably have more heat issues when i get my more powerful video card (Radeon 9600XT).
Here is my case:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-123-027&depa=1

Take a look at the pictures. Im thinking I could drill holes for another fan on the side window, good idea?

Now I need some feedback on better ways to cool my system, cpu, gpu, and hard drive. If this merits buying a new case, so be it. If not here is plan of action:

buy Thermaltake Spark 7 Heatsink
add Hard drive coolers--fans in a 5.25" expansion bay or the other ones that are enclosures--but I havent seen any for a SATA hard drive?
I also dont know how gpu coolers work.
Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

your general temps arent that hot... and i dont think that is the reason for locking up are u ocing??? btw nice case

I've heard sketchy things about those PCI slot fans...Id rather just go all out and buy a nice Antec server case or Thermaltake.
Any recommendations?

or keep that case, it's really not a bad case, nice sleek look to it, i could do damage on that case lol... if i were you, i'd either drill out a blowhole in the center of the plexi, nice place for a fan, and/or on the bottom left/right corners of the panel.. sweet!

2 choices if heat is really an issue. Your temps are good so there might be a small compatability issue. Don't know as much as others here see what they have to say. Anyhow if it is a heat issue either get a new case or just the hell out of that one. I am personally for modding. Cheaper and much more fun. There's nothing like tearing into a assembly lines perfection and making it your own!! Maybe a nice fan in the bottom left side corner. I would personally leave your window alone. Small the way it is why make it so you cant see at all through it? You might as look into putting one on the top to pull air out. i didn't see any small openings at the top of that case to let air out. Just my own opinion.

I just installed a case fan on the side panel. I posted a question in this forum and MicroBell suggested that a intake near the bottom at the sound card would be a good spot. So I drilled a hole with a 3inch hole saw (bi-metal) and installed it and could not believe that the temps could drop 5c. Cpu and case temps dropped 5c! I have a exaust and a front intake as well as the new side panel intake. works great.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom