help with laptop lcd replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
i have (had) a GRT-170 vaio laptop:
(16.1" SXGA+ (1400x1050) TFT LCD Display and NVIDIA GeForce4 FX 5600 Go with 64MB)

i somehow accidentally broke the lcd screen(the screen turned white)
and im lookin for a replacement

online stores ask around 500 bucks for it
but on ebay i missed an auction that was selling it for 250

also theres lotsa other screens

so if i get a SXGA 16.1 lcd display that had different resolution will it work with my videocard?
for example they sell lcds from different models (1600x1200,1280-1024..)

the part numba for my screen is (TX41D96VC1FAA)
and the part number im thinkin about is(TX41D56VC1CAA)

Call Sony up and find out with them they can tell you more and waht will work so you can look for it on whatever you want man. If its still under warrnety well you know then but i dont think it is.

what had happen was... i got mad coupla times before which cost me(2 hd's, cdrom,dented battery,bent keyboard) and last time i got mad the monitor accidentally turned white and then cracked and then fell apart and walked over to garbage can so inverter is not a problem anymore:)

the whole thing is taken out and disconnected from computer and video card

so i was lookin to see if same type(svga,16,1" screen with its own inverter will work with the video card

do the videocards come preassembled and sony just puts them in or do they modify them physically to work with different displays?
cuz the only difference will be is resolution
also i belive the 96 part in serial numba stands for voltage so im not sure what voltage they mean but i hope thats fl voltage so the only concern i have is if the videocard will work with different resolution screen

raverx3m said:
what had happen was... i got mad coupla times before which cost me(2 hd's, cdrom,dented battery,bent keyboard) and last time i got mad the monitor accidentally turned white and then cracked and then fell apart and walked over to garbage can so inverter is not a problem anymore:)

the whole thing is taken out and disconnected from computer and video card

so i was lookin to see if same type(svga,16,1" screen with its own inverter will work with the video card

do the videocards come preassembled and sony just puts them in or do they modify them physically to work with different displays?
cuz the only difference will be is resolution
also i belive the 96 part in serial numba stands for voltage so im not sure what voltage they mean but i hope thats fl voltage so the only concern i have is if the videocard will work with different resolution screen

maybe after you get it fixed you should look into anger management classes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom