Albatron AGP to PCIe bridge card available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
Partial quote from the article posted on theinquirer.net:
We asked Albatron about the pricing and availability of the card and we learned that this card is available as we speak. In Japan you can go into a shop and buy one of those cards for ¥3,000, about €22 or $27. In the rest of the world you will be able to get these cards bundled with some of the Alabatron's AGP cards such as the AGP6200AL.

We see this card as a good business opportunity for Albatron as many owners of high end AGP cards such as 6800 series would rather spend $27 and re-use its still great gaming card in their new PCIe enabled motherboards. We smell some exclusive deal with Nvidia and possibility to sell it as a stand alone card in Japan only.

Here's a link to the article:
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=26129

Sounds like good news for those who have a high-end AGP but want a PCI-e board.

bout damn time...I remember posting on this months ago but at the time there was no clue as to when it'd actually be out.....however it seems like its going to add quite a bit of height to your graphics card

How was it not needed? There has been a dramatic increase in people complaining about getting "screwed over" by this or that technology advancement, this particular product has answered the needs of that particular group of people, therefore they should no longer have a problem

then let this 'mystery user' speak up for themselves...

beyond that, who cares, your not the 'politically correct' police, nor should you be hypocritical since I see you making these 'inappropriate' one liners all the time, oh but all yours are just 'jokes' so its ok.

On topic, like I said the only thing that'll suck is that if someones using a new card like a 6800GT or something then they'll be needing to mod their case....look at card that they've got plugged into on their website....who has a tiny little card like that anymore

Actually, this only satisfies those wanting to upgrade to a PCI-Express CPU/Mobo but keep their AGP card. It doesn't allow PCI-Express cards to be backward compatable with AGP motherboards, which I am desperately hoping somebody releases.

Damn! I was hoping i could buy a 7800 or something later and use it on my nforce 3 board. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

It doesn't allow PCI-Express cards to be backward compatable with AGP motherboards, which I am desperately hoping somebody releases.
I really doubt they would...as it is the 6xxx series is already too much for the nf3 chipsets....I know this now from personal experience, but also if you google up 6xxx series and nf3 chipset you'll see a lot of people have problems with stutterings in games and simply can't be smoothed out.

My 6800GT AGP clocked up to 433/1185 but in the nf3 chipset even though I KNEW it would max out at what I just said, it'd only allow me to run it at 415/1120....any more than that and 3dmark would freeze up for a few seconds resulting in a much lower score.

So basically even if they did make that chip the 6xxx muchless a 7xxx and up series card would be crappy on that chipset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom