right click prob on win XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Press_F1

In Runtime
i got this problem from the fresh installed windows XP home edition from my new HP PC. my problem is that, the right-click doesnt work with "my computer", my documents" shortcut program", etc found when you click "start". browse a couple of mucrosoft knowledge but found none. its quite odd because right-click is ok with some programs like the desktop where you can see its porpeties and so with C drive and others. i noticed it when i try to create a shortcut or put "My computer" on the desktop.

any idea would be of great help.

Thank alot.

very very healthy. tried another much healtier mouse to no avail. i do think that the prob is within windows XP. i run though a virus scan and found "MSBLAST" (hey have you heard the news that the guy behind this virus is sentenced to 15-yrs imprisonment in romania?...poor guy) but anyway, ive already deal with it and totally iradicate the said virus but still got the same problemo. the PC by the way is "out-of-the-box" and its an hour old. impromptu i got this trouble as soon as i set up the xp and even before that virus hit me.
thanks bro for your concern.

well try the PC doctor - it would help you to diagnose the extact problem with the mouse - at least we will get to know if it is a hardware problem with the mouse or not.
Again if you are using HP computer - you cannot click on start->all programs->pc help and tools->pc doctor and then just run a test for the mouse (Find difficulties call 1-800-474-6836 and catch me there.... !!)

Try new mouse drivers. They may have been corrupted. I have not heard of the blaster virus causing problems with the mouse driver. Have you tried other virus scans to see if all of the viruses have been removed. Also try running spybot to see if there is any adware on your computer.

Gee Thanks!

Thanks guys. Heres my answers to each question you ask.

what about your mouse drivers ? u may have drivers prob. but i'm not sure.

*im pretty sure its not the mouse or any of its driver cause ive tried several mouse already.

well try the PC doctor - it would help you to diagnose the extact problem with the mouse - at least we will get to know if it is a hardware problem with the mouse or not.

*can u give me more details about PC doctor? where can o download this stuff? is it free?

Are your XP patches updated? What model is your HP and mouse?

*HP D230, all patches and updates downloaded including service pack 1. i dnt know exactly the model of the mouse and as ive said, i tried several mouse already but to no avail.

anyway, thanks again for all ur concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom