toledo X2s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rmaia

In Runtime
I've been trying to fit a X2 4800+ into my budget for the last week and then I looked at the 4400+ and realized that the only difference at all seemed to be .2ghz of operating frequency. Maybe I'm missing something you guys could point out but it's a $310 difference for that? Besides I've been looking at some benchmarks and you shouldn't be able to even notice the difference in games.

Maybe it's just because it's top of the line for X2's? I'm thinking about moving down to 4400+ as mainly just a gamer and saving $310. Tell me if I'm making a mistake.

p.s.I want to go with toldeo b/c of the L2 cache being bigger.

X2 4400+

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103546

X2 4800+

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103544

They are exactly the same except for the .2Ghz speed increase. So you would be very smart getting the 4400 and either saving the 310 or putting it toward RAM or video card or something. If you get the 4400 you could EASILY overclock it to 4800 speeds on th stock HSF. And im sure you could go higher if you got an aftermarket heatsink and fan.

Buying a 4800 would be like buying a basket ball thats already full of air, and the 4400 would be like buying the exact same ball but not pumped up with air yet. But say they charge 20 bucks more for the ball with air in it. Why pay that much more money when you can take it home and pump it up for free? Ya thats kinda a weird analogy, but its the best i could think of!

There the exact same processor, one just comes from the factory clocked a little higher. But since there the same thing, this means the 4400 can clock up to the 4800 with no problem. So just overclock the 4400 and get a 4800 for 300 dollars off, what a sale eh? haha

Im with you thou, Im gettin the Toledo because of the larger L2 cache, but im definately gettin the cheaper 4400 and then just overclockin to atleast 4800 speeds or maybe higher.

thats what I was thinking exactly. I read on some other forums that clocking it up to 4800+ speed was a breeze and the stock hs/f could handle it np. You'd be suprised how much breathing room 300 dollars is giving me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom