Over Clocking, On Board Gfx Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anto

Solid State Member
Is there anyway to over clock an onboard gfx card because i have a radeon 9800 pro sitting here but the motherboard doesnt support it so i was thinking of overclocking my on board gfx card if you cant is there any way to overclock a mother board to support the radeon 9800 pro i have sitting here gathering up dust?

Thanks for any reply

Anto :confused:

ok first off you can't overclock onboard video, second you cannot overclock something to make it support a piece of hardware, it makes no sense lol. If it does not support a 9800 pro that means it does not have an AGP slot or it has a REALLY old agp slot that only supports AGP 2X

But on the website (ASROCK) it says that the mother board supports agp 8x gfx cards?

well it does, if it supports agp 8X then it supports your 9800 pro, even if it was only an agp 4X it would still take your 9800 pro.

but my computer keeps crashing, it give me the blue error screen i dunno if u have ever got it before and i also forget wat it says, but its ablue screen with white writing have u ever got it before or/and do u know how to fix the problem?

hehe yea i get those lots when i play around with overclocks. But when i first installed a 9800XT into my pc, it had a crappy power supply in it and it would keep blue screening, so i upgraded to a better one and it worked awesome. What is your powersupply?

open up the side of your case and read what it says. Look for the make, watts and the amps on the 12v rail. If you can't find the amps, dont wry about it, if u can find the make and watts i can figure out how many amps it has anyways.

PSU is on the top left hand corner just incase you don't know lol. Also if you had a previous card in there, be sure to whipe out its drivers completely then freshly install the 9800 pro with new drivers for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom