Zalman releases an air-cooler CPU cooler with water-cooling perforamce

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll spend the extra money and stick with my smexy dangerden stuff :p

Air cooling is sooooo socket 478 for gaara :)

I saw that thing some time ago........ Atleast i think i did :-\

But yea i wouldnt buy it, the weight would like break the mobo or something when it stands up....

charles_scott said:
I saw that thing some time ago........ Atleast i think i did :-\

But yea i wouldnt buy it, the weight would like break the mobo or something when it stands up....

Well I read it weighs less than a 7700....

vaderpro said:
Well I read it weighs less than a 7700....

Yep, but it's tall with a small footprint as opposed to the 7700 being wide with a large footprint.

That said, I'm sure Zalman wouldn't release a cooler that would rip a hole in the middle of your mobo ;)

Only thing i see as a problem is the back plate for my current heatsink is stuck on there and that probably has a different back plate that might possibly cover the entire motherboard for support........... Plus the height MIGHT add more force than you think, with all the weight being out that far there will be more stress on whats holding it up which is the motherboard and the back plate.......

You could always put a 6"x6"x5mm peice of Mylar or some other rigid plastic to spread the weight around the back of the mobo.

Why dont they just start using that material found from rosewill where you can cut it, crumple , tear it, and it'll always return to normal, and no matter how hot you get it, it's cooled immediately YEAH!

Nubius said:
Why dont they just start using that material found from rosewill where you can cut it, crumple , tear it, and it'll always return to normal, and no matter how hot you get it, it's cooled immediately YEAH!

:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom