Help On the Yearly Comp UPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadMan789

Baseband Member
Hey, i am curretly behind in my computer knowledge with these new cpu's n vid cards comming out everyday idn w.e to do but yeah here are my specs:

AMD 2600+ Overclocked the most i can O/C
Asus A7N8X (non Deluxe)
300gb HD
ATI 9200 128mb
1ghz 400mhz ram
2xDVD-RW
1XCd-RW
480W PSU

Those are the basics, i need to no what i should get next i am guessing i need to replace my mobo,vid card n cpu i want to stay with intel. Right now i only play World of Warcraft and i want to play Battlefield 2.

I live in Canada and don't really want to spend anymore then about 600 for those 3 does anyone have any suggestions on what i should get, my thoughts are
AMD 3000 or 3200 64bit
Ne MOBO that is 64bit compatible
i saw this vid card in staples(lol) it was a Geforce 6600 OC i believe the specs looked pretty good but like i said i dont know what is good nemore ne help would be greatyly appreciated thx, Peace

I also had another quick question as to how i could connect my computer to a seperate speaker system like my hometheater system is it possible because i can not find a sound card that has the output like what the video cards have

What do you mean you want to STAY intel? You have an AMD 2600 now dont you? You cant put an intel in an AMD mobo. Or do you mean you want to switch from AMD to Intel? I would say go AMD now, they have the better processors right now, for a lot cheaper too.

And also you say you want to hook you computer up to your home entertainmet speakers because you cant find a sound card that has outputs like a video card? wtf? sound cards arent supposed to have outputs like video cards.

I would go for:

AMD64 3000+ socket 939 Venice core. about 150 american

MSI K8N Neo4 OR DFI Lanparty nf4 ultra-D about 130 american

eVGA 6600GT PCI-E about 160 american

That comes out to 440 USD so that would be arround 520 CAD, if you can find everything up there for those prices.

If you already have DDR400 PC3200 RAM then you should be set. And if the 480W PSU is good you should be set.

You might not need such a high end motherboard if your not hardcore into overclocking so you could maybe save some money that way and put it towards something else. Since your already close to 600 CAD with that stuff and cant really fit a better processor or video card in, I would sudgest updating your powersupply to a 24 pin instead of the old 20 pin, with the left over cash. That way you would be ready for future upgrades also. Or maybe with the extra cash get a Creative SB Audigy 2ZS, since your talking about sound. that would probably run you arround 85 CAD extra.

Or posibly just save up more cash so you can afford a AMD 3700 San Diego core, 6600GT or 6800GT, one of the boards I mentioned, and a nice new 24 pin PSU. Then you would be good to go for a while atleast. Althou the 3000 Venice could probably be overclocked equal to a 3800 Venice or a 4000 Sandiego. It just depends if you can wait any longer to save money or if you want to spend that much money anyway.

These prices are all off newegg.com and i just converted to CAD. So I dont know if you could get these prices from a Canadian store or not.

i think u should get a better video card and ram because bf2 put more stress on memory and graphics than your cpu

LOL, that little Intel line is wierd in there... Maybe the pst was possessed... Any ways...

Looks like your into OC'ing, so go with the DFI Ultra-d
Venice 3000+ pr 3200+ depending on price constraints
6600GT/6800/6800GT PCI-e for the video card (budget depending..good->better)

You should be able to slip into your budget with that.

Yeah sorry bout that i mustive been high when i posted, i ment i want to staty with amd lol and yeah bout the sound card thing you no the holes you plug your xbox into(red,White,Yellow) my friend has a soundcard with once of those on it and he has it conected to some shit speaks he has, thats what i ment bout vid card thing because vid cards have same thing only video output thanks for the help ima gona price some shit out now peace!

Connecting it to a home theatre system is no problem. You either just get a mini jack to RCA cable, or on some higher end cards, there are direct connections. Either way, you will be able to get there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom