How do you work this nlite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricB

Chillin Techie
I am messing with this program to custumize my xp disc. somehow I keep stripping out the winlogon.exe, thus rendering the disc useless.
I also took away it's ability to format a partition (I can easily bypass this). I don't remember checking these options.

What am I doing wrong?

OK if I don't remove anything (the "remove components" section), it works. But I want to remove unnecessary windows stuff.

I think I am getting confused by this screen.

nLite.jpg

now am I suppose to check or uncheck these items to keep my regular windows files (winlogon.exe)?

Check the boxes for components that you do not want to remove for that screen. For example, checking the "Cameras and Camcorders" will prevent you from removing anything that will disrupt cameras and camcorders from working properly. Also note that anything in red denotes items that may cause problems or instability if removed. I made about 5 or so "drink coasters" before I finally made a successful disc. :eek: After that any boxes you choose will remove the selected components.

I was able to get rid of 300+ megs of bloat using nLite and add all the current hot-fixes and security patches after SP-2. :D

Go here to get a full package of updates and hot-fixes after SP-2 and integrate them into your custom CD. It has a tutorial for nLite as well, scroll down to the bottom for the Post-SP2 Update Pack.

Windows XP Post-SP2 Update Pack

so if I don't check anything of the list, that will leave all of those items on the XP disc ? is that what you're saying?

So I don't need to check windows activation right? if so, why would they put that there. it seems that you need activation on a activated disc

I couldn't find a tutorial anywhere. Thanks for the help

On that screen shot you posted anything not checked nLite will give you the option to remove those components associated with it. So if you do not want to remove anything say associated with "Cameras and Camcorders" then check that box and nLite will "hide" things from you that would cause problems with Cameras and Camcorders if they are removed. If Cameras and Camcorders were to remain unchecked you will be able to remove items that would cause problems for Cameras and Camcorders.

Have a look here. nLite Forums

tribalsun said:
On that screen shot you posted anything not checked nLite will give you the option to remove those components associated with it. So if you do not want to remove anything say associated with "Cameras and Camcorders" then check that box and nLite will "hide" things from you that would cause problems with Cameras and Camcorders if they are removed. If Cameras and Camcorders were to remain unchecked you will be able to remove items that would cause problems for Cameras and Camcorders.

Have a look here. nLite Forums

ok I think that I got it. thanks

I starting to get it. However I can't import WMP 10 or Net framework 1.1 into the hotfix part even when I extract them with winrar. that's no big deal though

My next project is to download the 64 bit xp trail or update edition and implement it's driver section into my regular XP. it has the most drivers of any windows OS yet, even over vista

which part is the driver section? is it the I386 part?

hehee i got a personalized windows xp installation cd the first time around. of course your problem helped me make sure not to make the same mistakes ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom