Spilled coke on keyboard, dishwasher?

Status
Not open for further replies.
vaderpro said:
I tried cleaning a keyboard, with light soap and water....well it didnt work and i dried it out well, so I had to buy a new one, so i dont recommend it.

im telling you, put it in the dishwasher, and wash it. i think the coke would have made it not work, especially if it gets under the keys and stuff. but its working obviously.

The best way to clean the keyboard (on my opinion) is to do it by hand using cottonwool absorbed with alcohol (about 90%). Cleans everything! and don't damage the keyboard (untill you have black keyboard made of very sensitive plastic :))

But anyway, worth a try

PZEROFGH said:
im telling you, put it in the dishwasher, and wash it. i think the coke would have made it not work, especially if it gets under the keys and stuff. but its working obviously.

So, u tried the dishwasher and it worked for you?

smartech said:
The best way to clean the keyboard (on my opinion) is to do it by hand using cottonwool absorbed with alcohol (about 90%). Cleans everything! and don't damage the keyboard (untill you have black keyboard made of very sensitive plastic :))

But anyway, worth a try

does this mean you pop the keys out and clean it with alchol? or do you take the entire keyboard appart?

I've had bad experience in the past taking it appart, the keys went all over the place and I couldn't put them back because it has these plastic plug thingies to keep them in place and not like the old traditional keyboards where there's a metal piece to put the keys back ontop. I don't want to risk this keyboard, I got it for a few months and it's expensive =S

I like how some of you people dont mind on spending $300-500 on video cards, but your so cheap that you cant throw down $10 on a keyboard?

Some real weirdos on TF. lol :p

Here is a nice keyboard that does not have those annoying "shortcut" keys on the top.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16823131114

EDIT: That is a big sig Rico, i have nothing against it, but just FYI, you will get your sig privs. banned. That sig santa has been making alot of stops lately to the bad little boys and girls on TF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom