Outlook filter help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win2kpatcher

Fully Optimized
Hello all! I have yet to look into the matter myself, but wanted to at least have something to build on from you all when I get to work this afternoon..anywho..

we have this user who keeps on recieving mail (SPAM) and has a specific name that keeps on appearing in the TO field, which is not her name. So I figure there is someway to make a custom filter that has "bad.user@spam.com" in the TO field and send directly to trash. I know how to do it for bad names in the FROM field, but couldnt find at quick glance how to edit the TO name except for herself.

You can simply create a rule : to permanently delete that message from a particular email address or domain.

When the Email is in the Inbox,
You can simply highlight it ( WITH PREVIEW PANE OFF ! ) and go into tools and select "Organize". This is the easy way to create rules agains email addy's/domains.

Easy to do, easy to teach.

create a contact that contains the bad.user information. Then in the rules wizard, specify that you want to delete messages set to this specific person, select if from the contacts list. That should do it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom