Gaming system

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there is a diffinitive rule about what part to upgrade when it comes to this subject. I mean it is all dependant on what system someone is asking to upgrade, and more specifically what is their budget because £150 will not buy you a good enough processor for nowadays work, but it will buy you another Gb of RAM that will add huge amounts of speed to your computer.

By the way RedUK, you only went for a DVD-ROM, and not a DVD-RW?? Just curious as to why?

I disagree, £150 can easily get you a good enough CPU for todays games. The AMD 64 3500+ only costs £154 and I think that can run todays games on top settings.

The reason I did not get a DVD/RW is because I don't want to RW DVDs or CDs :p

Also what is the AMD 64 3700 San Diego the same as when compared to a P4? Because in their specs games state something like "1.6Ghz Pentium 4 or equivalent" what would my CPU be the same as?

a 3500+ with a 7800GTX and 2GBs of ram, can run anything on high. especially bf2, cause bf2 is not a cpu eating machine. more of the VRAM and ram.

3.7GHZ supposebly, and about 3.8-9 in gaming i belive hence the 3700+

Hi is the AMD 64 3700 clawhammer (754) better than the AMD 64 3700 San Diego (939)? Because the clawhammer (754) is 2.4Ghz and the San Diego (939) is 2.2Ghz.

Also does anyone have any benchmarks of the AMD 64 3700 San Deigo (939)?

socket 939. socket754 is outdated. use too much voltage, and heat and power consumption. and in gaming it really doesnt matter about cpu. anyways the san diego one is better

Just got my PC yesterday and noticed that sometimes the back PSU fan does not start spinning when you turn it on. When it does start spinning then everything is fine as it doesn't stop and cools down the PC after power off perfectly.

I was wondering if it had something built in to only run that fan if the PC was getting too hot? Or if I can set the fan to automatically start on bootup every time?

It's an Enermax 600w.

My temps seem fine...

CPU: 27 idle
GPU core: 41 idle
GPU: 39 idle

Under load it's more like...

CPU: 35 load
GPU core: 55 load
GPU: 52 load

thanks.

i belive the enermax only turns on when it riches like 40C or something inside the psu. and keeps running after you turn off the computer when it gets below 40C

But the thing is once it starts from boot then it doesn't stop until I turn off the PC.

Sometimes it just doesn't start from boot...

its ok if it doesnt start right when you boot up. it needs to heat up. once it is over the heat limit it turns on.

so it turns off right when you turn off the pc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom