Is it still possible to find an AGP 6800GT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beedubaya

Golden Master
It looks like they are no longer making 6800 GTs in AGP either. Is there anywhere I can still find one without paying $400+ Its unbelievable how much they are forcing out AGP. Its not like its ancient technology.

I can't believe it would be that hard, the 6800GT's are native AGP cards so they should be around. Newegg doesn't have any? Monarch?

Nope..they have all moved explicity to PCI-Express. Well, XFX still has an AGP one, but I don't want to get the XFX.

Yeah, but the PCI-E ones are around $250 or so now. I don't want to pay $400 for a 6800 GT now...if I was going to do that, I would just build a new system. I think I could get another year or two out of my system by upgrading to the 6800 GT.

I had the same problem looking for AGP 6800GTs the other day. Newegg only had 2 of them. I couldn't believe that the PCI-E cards were cheaper!!! Seems counter intuitive to me. Sucks either way.

TBH, If you could get a little more life out of your 800pro and wait to upgrade until you could go PCI-e at the same time, I think you would be better off.

Of course, being that you have socket 754, it would be CPU+mobo+gfx card so that would be a pricey upgrade so IDK....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom