No Power At All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trice

Solid State Member
Hey! I've just finished building a computer with the idea of taking it to university with me. Problem is there is no power at all going into the computer. I've tried a few things which i've listed below:

- Made sure all of the cables are connected correctly (Someone even suggested just making sure the "PW switch" wire is connected to the mobo, none of the other LED etc ones.

- Tried a different PSU

- Made Sure CPU is connected correctly.

- Tried a different Switch.

I can't seem to figure out the problem. Any ideas?

make sure the power switch on the PSU is switched on i know its daft but iv known it to happen. use different psu power cables. check the fuses from some of your plug sockets if your using an adaptor for a multi connection plug socket check if it works iv had a fuse go in mine.

There isn't a PSU switch on the back.

I've tried different PSU power cables, i tested them on the monitor aswell, they turn the monitor on.

I can't see if the PSU turns on, no fan works, no faint buzzing in it. Nothing. Silence.

There are two parts which connect to the MOBO, the large one by the IDE ports, and then the CPU fan power. Both are correctly connected.

I've replaced the PSU with one from a working computer. Still no response. I guess i've got to come to the conclusion that the mobo is gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom