7800 gtx help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charbo

In Runtime
ok im going to be buying a 7800 gtx soon and i was looking on newegg at them. i think im going to get an eVGA since i know this is one of the highest recommended brands. i was going to get the xfx but then i noticed that this eVGA http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130234 comes with a FREE MOBO! i was looking at reviews on a few sites and it looks like a decent board and if nothing else i could sell it for at least 100$ im sure. does this look better than the xfx 450/1250 or 490/1300 card since i can easily oc this card to that or past it? eVGA has a 490/1300 also but it doesnt have a free mobo...

I'm guessing evga is trying to just whore their motherboard out since it's fairly new...I saw it displayed at the newegg LAN and I really like their green color scheme, but god knows how it'll actually perform...of course I'm mainly talking about OC'ing the CPU and RAM....

beyond that I really doubt that that evga card at 450/1250 or whatever wouldn't hit past 490/1300 rather easily..soooo hell go for it and let us know how that board works out :p

heh ya i know evga is a good brand so i figured i cant go to wrong right:p i have my asus board anyway but this way i will have a backup or an extra mobo to build another pc with or like i said make some money off it;) i figured it was a good deal for 550$ when the xfx is 500$ but doesnt have a free mobo:p. i will look around a bit more before ordering it here in about a week but ill probly end up getting that one.

plus i was looking on a few sites and that single 7800 gtx will outperform my old 6800 gt's in sli and in some cases even dual 6800 ultras :O i saw on doom 3 in one case the 7800 gtx got a full 30 fps more lmao. plus i have the money to buy it since i sold my 6800's for 250$ each :D

hmm i wonder when that combo ends i hope not within a week or so i really would like that free mobo:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom