Spilled coke on keyboard, dishwasher?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coke is acidic, and it will corrode electronics. You're screwed, basically. If it still works, I say just take the keys out, wash them individually, and use the keyboard until it stops working. If the keyboard doesn't work now, you might as well wash it. Distilled water though, tap water has stuff that could completely ruin it.

I have heard many times that putting a keyboard thru a washing machinne is fine if you dry it out with a fan.

Their's just a little processor that water could theroretically dammage...

he said the coke got underneath the keys, so popping the keys out individual and clean them will do no good. i woudl say pop the keys out and wash it without the keys, or wash it with the keys and just wait without a keyboard for a week

My recommendation - Pop out the keys, put the keys in luke-warm water for a few hours. Meanwhile, take a DAMP cloth and just wipe the top of the inner surface of the keyboard.

If it doesn't work, the keyboard was screwed already.

1) Put the keyboard in the dishwasher.
2) Remove the Keyboard.
3) Yell. "pull" and pump a couple of 12 ga Winchester target shells into it!
4) Because when the dishwasher is finished with it.....it will only have value as a "clay pidgeon"!!! :) Take off the Knobs and Clean it with 98% Isoprop. alcohol with que tips!!! Jeeeeez!

This just came to me --

Find a friend who has the exact same keyboard. When he or she isn't looking, quickly change keyboards. *evil laugh*

This also works well with your school. Just tell them that your keyboard does something different that the school keyboards don't. Because most computer lab monitors are clueless english majors, no one will know anything!

I tried cleaning a keyboard, with light soap and water....well it didnt work and i dried it out well, so I had to buy a new one, so i dont recommend it.

lol how many ways are there to say the same thing. theres only two things you can really use to clean it: isopropyl alcohol like RicoDirenzo said or distilled water. and if youve had coke on it that long already chances are its pretty messed up by now and you should just get a new one. but i still like RicoDirenzo's other idea, shoot the stupid thing and that will teach it to get gummed up with coke. that and the fact you get to shoot something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom