Registry Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont want to restor and i would rather not reformat because i have windows set up how i like it. It would take me a week just to get everything back up and running how i like it.

Not if you did an image with ghost or something...i guess thats how its done in an hour or less.

hmm what about norton systems works. I have it and can fix weird problems.

Sorry dude thats the 1st thing i tryed, i have Norton System Works 2005 and i have run the 1 button checkup and win doctor many times.

Thanks anyway.

ok, so I dont' understand why you did all of that junk, but ok...

if you can, please do the following...

open regedit, go to HKey_LOCAL_MACHINE, right click it and select export. Then choose a name and click save. go to the file, rename it to .txt from .reg.Then post that somewhere, so I can download it.
I build MSI's so I should be able to figure this out. It's just a dang registry key... :)

thanks for the offer but it will have to wait, i got it into a text and that was 52mb big, but i got it down to 2.9mb by zipping it.

I am currently on 56k and it will take me awhile to upload :(

i will get back to you when i have uploaded it.

Deleting Registry Keys from the Command Line

There are two ways to delete a key from the Registry from the Command line. At the Windows Command line:

(1)
RegEdit /l location of System.dat /R location of User.dat /D Registry key to delete

* You cannot be in Windows at the time you use this switch.

(2)
Or you can create a reg file as such: REGEDIT4

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\the key you want to delete]
Note the negative sign just behind the "["
Then at the Command line type:
1. RegEdit C:\Windows\(name of the regfile).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom