Making A Custom XP Disc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charbo

In Runtime
ok i know most of this is possible if not all but i need some help. i have the first version of xp pro that i bought when it first came out with no sp or anything. i also have the official ms sp2 disc that i got for free from them. i know you can slipstream your own disc but how do i put all the stuff i want on to be done when i first boot up? what i mean is i want my disc so that when i install windows from my new disc it will alredy have sp2 on it, any drivers i decide to put on the disc installed, and programs such as windows messanger and outlook uninstalled or just not installed at all.

While your at it why don't you intergrate you CD key in an answer file as well. You said you tried slipstreaming doesn't that work?

I can see you are Charbo. No reason to blow up I am suggesting if you want to make a custom disc that would be a nice add on I never said you had to.

Ok so you haven't tried slipstreaming do you know how it works?

[I'm calling the pro into this thread EricB hope he replies. If not feel free to bug him in a PMs ;) ]

heh sorry i thought you were trying to be a smartass about it. ya it would be nice especially if i cant find my xp folder thingy at that moment. no i havent done a slipstream before but i assume the first thing i will need to do is make an iso of xp from my disc and then extract all the files from it?

ok i got that so now i have a iso with sp2 also but how can i add drivers to it so i dont have to install all that stuff when i reformat? also does anyone know how to compleatly remove programs like windows messenger and outlook from the cd so they wont install at all?

ok i got nLite 1.0 Beta 6 so as soon as my iso finishes extracting i will try it, thanks:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom