psu problems....

Status
Not open for further replies.

bronxblaza117

In Runtime
my uncle has a Emachine C1904 AMD Athlon XP 1900 computer...one day it wouldnt turn on...i took a look at it and i figured it was the psu cuz nothin went on...so i got this psu from newegg rosewill psu

so i put this in and when i turn the power on the psu itself it turns on...the psu fans and cpu fan and lan light comes on and hdd light comes on...when i press the computer power button nothin happens...whats goin on?

Does the old PSU work when you plug it into the wall and jump the green/any black wire? (Do the fans go?)

Prebuilt PC's (Dell, HP, etc) are different, so maybe your problem is something with the PC, not the PSU.

bronxblaza117 said:
the psu is new so i wouldnt have to try it in another machine

Just because it's new doesnt mean it works, expisally with a cheap brand like rosewill.

you can always get a dud psu and even stranger sometimes you get cheapo's that actually work really well. like the psu in my current tower is a 350w generic piece of crap that i got for free with an atx tower!!! no joke the tower and psu were given to me from a computer shop, no catches. the psu actually works really well. anyway thats enough of me hijacking your thread.

i checked and nothin... i mean it turns on, but it turns on when i plug it in, not when i press the power button...u get me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom