want to upgrade from broken hard drive on laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

bayoufrogg

Solid State Member
I posted on here a while back about problems with my sony vaio laptop. I have taken the harddrive out and want to upgrade. The harddrive i have now has the following written on it:
Model:DJSA-220
5V 500mA
15.00 GB ATA/IDE
4200rpm
P/N:07N4389
MLC:H31898
S/N:445l8173
(and under the barcode it has the number 07N4389H318980s16)

I want to replace the harddrive with something that will give me 256 Mb RAM(the main program im running will require this). I think I only had 126 before. How do i find out what is compatible, or what are my options. Im not looking for top of the line.....just something that has the stats and works. thanks.

dont know why the smiley face came up after the model.....anyways the first letter is a "d"

well.....i just realized that hard drive and memory are seperate and im gonna get a 256 MB ram chip to put into my spare SO DIMM. I guess Ill go to best buy for that, but still need to know how I find out for sure which aftermarket hard drive actually work in my laptop. Dont wanna buy something that doesnt go in.

All of the 2.5" HD for laptop are compatible with 99% of the models out there. Once I ran into toshiba notebook that could not take a Hitachi HD, due to design issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom