No video on boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

vjm2122

Baseband Member
I have a p4 3.0 prescott machine. Its a soyo dragon 2 mobo with a gig of pc 2100 ram. The problem I was having was that when i booted up it said the cpu has changed. So i went in to set the frequency and when I saved in the bios the computer froze every time. I could get by hitting F1 and skipping into the computer but I decided that was only temporary. So I went and got the bios update for the mobo and it did that succesfully. The same problem came back. Now the computer turns on but no video even shows up. Everything else powers on. So far I tested the video card and monitor on another machine and it works fine. I took out everything but the cpu and video card and I get the beeps for the ram not being there but no video still. I tried clearing the cmos with the jumper nothing doing. Any help would be appreciated Ive been working on this a long time.

Try drop-kicking your motherboard.

Or you could either switch the jumper to clear your CMOS, or remove the battery for a minute (and unplug the power). Then try changing stuff in your BIOS. It's worth a shot, I guess.

I already tried taking the battery out and waiting then sticking it back in and I get a boot and video and go into the bios and when I try to save the new settings the computer freezes. So I reboot and its back to no video and the same problem all over again. I tried that about 10 times it always freezes when I am in the bios.

Anyone out there have any clue????

I can get it to post and go into bios if I take out the battery everytime but then it freezes when I try and save in bios. Don't realy have any more Ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom