Gaming system

Status
Not open for further replies.
who freakin cares about fps, it matters if you can play without lag on high settings or ULTRA high settings

Erm, well the amount of fps counts towards whether your game laggs at all, and so it does matter. Admittely, you're not going to see any difference between 60 fps, and 70 fps, but it does matter. I mean, when someone asks for a system that will play say BF2 at 40-50fps, they are after a system that will not lagg (well hardly), and I consider the 60 figure the garunteed number to assure the person that the game WILL NOT lagg at all :)

My PC is officially ordered!!!! thanks guys for all the help!, it will arrive on the 24th September (Only weekend I am in :) ).

So..do you think it will be able to run without lag on high or ultra high plus a decent fps?

I know it seems pretty irelevant but how many FPS do you think it will get on BF2 High settings?

Thanks again!

YES DARN IT. and really who can see a difference between 60fps and 61fps? and when i run 3dmark or some games, if i go lower then 20fps i still dont see lag. and it looks just slightly off then when i get 100fps

Awesome RedUK! Your welcome on the help front :) How much did it cost? Where did you order it from? What are your final specs?

RedUK said:
Well it would be with:

2GIG Kingston PC3200
7800GTX
AMD 64 3700 San Diego

Do you think I will get around 75-80fps in games on high?

im guessing this

AMD Athlon64 3700 San Diego Retail
Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLi nForce4
Coolermaster Centurion 5 Blk / Silv
Kingston 2x1GB PC3200 DDR CL3
80GB Seagate Barrucuda 7 [7200/100]
16X Sony DVD-ROM Black
Asus GeForce 7800GTX 256B PCI-ESilver Floppy Drive
Microsoft Windows XP Home OEM
Enermax Noisetaker 600W ATX V2.0

It depends I guess. Up to a certain point it will be

GFX>CPU>RAM

But when your CPU is good enough for all current games, I would say at about AMD 64 3500+ point it then becomes:

GFX>RAM>CPU

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom