Monitor distortion problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Nick

In Runtime
Hi Everybody,
I just got a Compaq TFT 8020 Flatpannel monitor that is working great exept that about one cm at the top of the monitor it is a little squigly (like one row of pixles is off or somthing) is this a graphics card problem or is this from actual damage to the monitor?
Thanks

do you have another monitor, or access to one that you can try...

if it does it on another then it is your video card...

No, It only does it on this monitor. Hmmmm That sucks cuz i just got this one. O well its only in a very small portion of the top of the screen so it probably won't affact anything:(

Sounds like either dead pixels or some sort of corrupt plasma. I don't know much about monitors.

I heard about some japanese guy makeing a program that fixes dead pixels, something about flashing red green and blue in rappid sucsession

on a side note, if you got that monitor recently... if you bought it, try to use the warrenty...

probably a dead pixel, looks like the graphics card was working before you got the flat panel monitor

Well im a little confused at the moment because as i said before, this didn't happen on the other flatscreen (same make and model too) so that leads me to think its the monitor but when i move the picture down it is still squigly at the top of the picture.:confused: Could the cable be getting interference from the rats nest of wires its on?

I doubt it, I have no experience with flat screen monitors though, do they take interferance from magnets, or static?:confused:

if you have a warrenty, then return it, thats what I would do...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom