First time builder

Status
Not open for further replies.
OEM is the same minus some fancy packing, and technically you need to buy OEM with a computer.

However if you buy a fan, it counts as a computer so your good :p

Anyways, why do you need XP Pro and what is wrong with XP home? If you cant think of an answer, you should be using XP home.

^^ its 89 at newegg too. well newegg isnt working for me, but last time i checked it was 89

Well then im going to get XP Home. Espically since the price isnt outrageous :) .

Next question, right know im looking at 2 motherboards.

K8N Neo2 Platinum Motherboard

and

ASUS A8V DELUXE Motherboard

both of them look awsome, and the reviews on both are relatively good. But which one do you think will be easier to work with?

The A8V deluxe is a bastard to work with, unreliable and a poor OC'er. I have one too, I despise it.

MSI K8N Neo2 Plat is what I wish I got, and it's a more advanced motherboard.

However for your budget I HIGHLY RECOMEND going with a PCI-E based motherboard.

Do you have any recommendations?

EDIT: MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum - PCI Express, started looking at that one any comments about it? reviews seemed good.

Update on build:

Processor:
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice 1GHz FSB Socket 939

Motherboard:
MSI K8N Neo4 Platnium

Video Card:
eVGA Geforce 6600GT

HardDrive:
Seagate Barracuda 80gb

Opinions and tips welcomed. :D

ZenkiSX said:
Do you have any recommendations?

EDIT: MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum - PCI Express, started looking at that one any comments about it? reviews seemed good.

Good, but I would only use K8N Neo4's in value build's.

For a single PCI-E slot the DFI Lanparty wins hands down.

Hi, welcome to TF! Ok nice work so far......i would recommend a dvd burner rather than a cd burner; it will do both....and then a regular cd or dvd rom drive. Go with msi plat if you can, like Chris said. Seagate is better than maxtor. What monitor do u have there?? And u may not need more fans unless the case doesnt have any or u plan to OC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom