Need some information on windows pls :) thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joman25

Baseband Member
I'm trying to find out on how to add the serial number already on the operating system (ie: win 98 se, win me, win xp, etc.)

Someone had told me that there is a way to make your version of windows operating system where you don't manualy add the serial number in it? So that's what I would like to learn on how to do that?

Can anyone help me pls with this problem :)?

by serial number do you mean the keycode you enter during setup?

for win 9x: you need to setup an answer file named msbatch.inf. add it to the directory with the installation files and start setup.

for 2k and up: you need to create an answer file. tools to generate this should be on the install cd in tools\deploy.cab

csamuels;

I want to know on how to do this for windows 98 SE?

I'm totally new at this, how do i make or setup a answer file named "msbatch.inf"and how do i put it on to the orginal cd or make a copy of windows 98 se?

Blitze105;

Oh okay, I want to add the serial number already into the windows 98 se cd so i don't have to enter it manualy.

Oh sorry i didn't read it all, i just read the part about the read only formatt. No.. you can't make it so when u install 98 it has auto typed in the cd key. Why would u need it to? Shouldn't have to formatt that much..

You mentioned a copy of 98? You can use Alcohol 120% for copying a .iso and burning it.
blitze

I know it can be done. My gateway xp cd (from a computer I had 3 years ago) was done like from the factory and a friend of mine did it to his xp cd a few years ago. I wasn't as computer literate as I am now, to understood what he was doing back then, when he was showing me

How could u make it know the cd key if the computer had just been formatted? There is no way to.. u nless its on ur cd, which is ok but that means it was burned & edited illegally. Which i don't care ;)
-blitze

I still have the gateway cd. i don't use because it has no service pack(xp home 2600). the gateway computer that came with it, did not require activation either, so i know that doing it isn't illegal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom