Hard Drive Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tunners

Solid State Member
I have a SATA Hard drive, it is detected on boot up and appears when windows has booted but when i attempt to install a fresh version of windows, it says there a no hard drives currently installed. Because of this i am currently using my old IDE Drive.

Any one enlighten me?

Thanks in advance...

Do you have the master-slave settings configured correctly?
Do you have a big enough power supply?

When you go into your CMOS is the SATA drive listed as the SATA master. I'm not all that familiar with ASUS mobo's with SATA config's. My INtel boarad uses SATA as the Default master if one in installed. Both the Pata and Sata drives show as masters but the default is always to the SATA. Now: I read your manual: http://dlsvr03.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socket939/a8v/e1994_a8v.pdf

go to the onboard devices configuation page in your CMOS
enable SATA BootRom.

That should do it. It's page 80 in your manual. :) :) I read, therefore, I am!

hit the f6 option when xp is first booting. then put the floppy in when prompted

edit. I see that you had my old av8 mobo. look for the floppy maker on the cd. watch out, there are about 5 of them.

Also, if you boot off of the motherboard cd, you should get prompted to format a floppy and then make a driver disk, then use that disk when you're installing windows.

Thanks for that guys, especially rico, you pretty much did all the work for me ;)

Much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom