Is this Legit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
just download a ISO of the internet or burn a friends copy and use the legit cd key. That is actually allowed.

waynejkruse10 said:
just download a ISO of the internet or burn a friends copy and use the legit cd key. That is actually allowed.

Now we're talkin!
Will that CD key work with just a normal install of XP?

If it is an upgrade CD Key i dont believe it will. But you can use the upgrade CD to do a full install. Just dont choose the upgrade option and choose full install and that should work. At least from what i have heard. I have never tried it myself.

no i wont.

What really matters is the Cd Key. Some retailers even let you buy cd keys without cd's. I have been doing it this way for over 3 years and my computer has been running fine and i havnt had any microsoft police at my door. Microsoft still gets their money and Snump gets a copy of XP which is legit. Also, Windows Update works fine.

Personally i would just install it off the disc. I dont think it will come bundled with anything.

Tyler, the xp disc i have used on my computer WAS DOWNLOADED VIA BITTORRENT!!!!!

It was a corporate edition so i could have put in any old generated cd key and it would work fine, no registation. But no, i purchased a Legit Cd key.

Update:

I got a legit corporate cd key of a friends dad who was buying a few copies and i got one of the leftovers :p. I bought it off him for the price he paid for it (he got a discount).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom