INTEL over AMD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BColes

In Runtime
I see a lot of hardcore AMD fans out there so i'm wondering in what situation would you recommend buying Intel over AMD? Is there actually a situation that exists?

Intel P4 over AMD 64:
1.) Media Center PC'S
2.) Business "Office PC's"

AMD 64 over Intel P4
1.) Gaming PC
1.) General PC @ Lower Cost

I like both. I use both. I recommend both.

It all depends on what you want the PC for IMO.

I'm not a fanboy either way...

HAVOC2k5 said:
I'm not a fanboy either way...

Right on. I get annoyed when people bash just because their processor "Rocks" or scored 7% better in some benchmark for some game that "some" people play. This is me getting off my soapbox. :p

label me as you will, but ive been in this industry for the past 6 years, progressivly getting more and more involved.

MY experiences are as follows....

amd has always been cheaper, and usually is able to stay on top of the benchmarks, or with intel on almost everything else. I would not, nor have i ever bashed intel. They are a great company, make a great product.

If you really want to get into why AMD is better, or so many believe that, start researching clock cycles, and how amd utilizes clock cycles differently and well better than intel.

sCribes said:
If you really want to get into why AMD is better, or so many believe that, start researching clock cycles, and how amd utilizes clock cycles differently and well better than intel.

now we're talking. I care more about the dirt that poops sits on than DOOM3 benchmarks and 3Dmark scores. :p I'm kidding mostly, but i would rather hear about clock cycles than FPS. sCribes if you have links or any info on that i would like to see it. Thanks

AMD: Almost everything.
Low cost PC's
Buisness PC's*
Gaming PC's
High end PC's
Extreme Multitasking PC's
Extreme Servers
Medium Servers
Low end Servers

Intel: Video editing PC's (I recomend mac though)
Early multitasking build's
Low cost Dual Core

Intel: Video editing PC's (I recomend mac though)
Jim henson studios which has some of the most advanced and up to date real time rendering and video editing equipment in the world use AMD Opterons..well hell they may have changed with the addition of the X2s and all by this time

Yeah but they are not using your standard consumer software.

In a large enviroment, you need to look at alot more than a forum to decide what you want. I also bet their software is 64 bit.

Yeah but they are not using your standard consumer software.
We aren't talking software here....the software needs a good backbone and I was simply making a little side comment that they are obviously fans of AMD and rely on them for their video editing and rendering needs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom