[WORKLOG] PYZCHO B!TCH II (Harper's New Tower Case Modification)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Log Entry - 10/09/05

After thinking about it all week, I have desided that I will mount the front 120 mm Fan can fan grill directly on to the front panel.
So I have drilled in 4 holes on to the front of the case so I can mount both grill and fan via some small nuts and bolts. Meanwhile the 120mm will be mounted directly onto the cases inner frame.

Purchase 4 cans of matt black spray paint. And I have given the case it's first coat. One of the panels, I need to remove some of the sticky adhesive that was left over from bossman's mouse holder

As some point in time, I should remove both my 5 1/2 bay speakers and Removable hard drive rack and paint them.

However, i am thinking about purchasing a CircleFire- Professional Music-Media Kit (A1994) instead of painting the speakers. The only problem is that no one is currently importing these into the country. So I might have to get one from over seas.
As for the rack, I might see how much it's just gong to set me back with just purchasing a black one

Log Entry - 11/09/05

Managed to get another coat of paint onto the case this morning. And I am hoping to get one more on before the end of today. With about 4 undercoats, I think I am going to be ready for the final metallic black coat and flat lacker finish.

After doing some measurements, I have worked out that the design will need to be no bigger than 25.5cm (W) x 42cm (H). A few limiting factors was the side vent, and the slight indent that is on the side panel.

I have contacted a few sign local sign writers about getting the vinal cut done.

Since I am not sure if I am going to be able to get the Thermaltake Circle Fire Speakers, I figured that I might as well paint my existing drive bay speakers.

Existing 5 1/4 Drive Drive bay speakers. They are nothing fancy, but they produce a fairly reasonable sound for what they are.

Taking apart the plastic was easy. However the 2 front speakers where rather tricky to remove.

Speakers.... GUTTED. I forgot that this thing also have a subwoffer in it. So I am debating about putting in the top 5 1/4 bay.

I picked up the paint that I am going to use for the final coat. It's called Midnight Glow. It's black with this very sligh hint of dark blue.

Now the next question that is bugging me. Should I paint the back of the PC. Now most people don't as you don't see the back of the CPU. However since I seem the back of mine every time I walk into the computer room.
So the question is this, do I leave the back that stock standard grey colour. Or should I paint it black.
After all, I got 2 extra cans of FLAT BLACK that are not going to be used.

[EDIT] I have desided to paint the back of the case black. However I am not going using the Midnight Glow on these areas. Not $8 per can [/EDIT]

LOG ENTRY - 12/09/05

I have some of the quotations get back to me today. It looks like it's going to cost me about $100 to get the print done. I've had quotes going up at high as $165 for the orginal print.

Since the design is too complicated to get done with a Vinal Cut, it looks like it's going to be a digital print instead. And a digital print costs the same whether is one colour or full colour. So I figured that I might as well go for a full colour design instead.

So I after thinking about it, I am going for the following image

I have ordered in the following via work :-
* Laser IDE Rack (Black) I have always like the Lazer Racks because they are one of the few brands that have a flap that comes down when you remove the drive.
* Belkin 6 Colour-Coded Cable Ties - Velcro Tabs Part # F8B024 so i can kept my power cables under control.
* Black LG DVD Rom Drive

Since I am just about done on the front panel, here's a little sneak peek. Ignor case that is sitting behind it please. I just wanted to see how it would look like with the lights on.

I can not wait until this week end so I can put her together. :cool:

sorry if someone already mentioned this, but i dont have time to read threw all these posts...

i was just going to mention, one of the first pic's i saw, you have foamy stuff covering 2 of your fans in the back acting as filters.... any filter you put on like that will drasticaly reduce airflow.... since your using a full tower and it appears like there will be a lot of free space of there.... you could make a cube from the Foam filter material, leaving one side open.. place the fan on the open end.... that way you have 5 times the surface area of foam filter material, witch means 5x the possible airflow.

jolancer said:
sorry if someone already mentioned this, but i dont have time to read threw all these posts...

i was just going to mention, one of the first pic's i saw, you have foamy stuff covering 2 of your fans in the back acting as filters....
That is the old case. Those filters will not be there any more.

jolancer said:
any filter you put on like that will drasticaly reduce airflow....
Not like i have a choice. My computer is 10 meters open space directly from where my dad cooks. And he uses too much oil.

Plus there is the fact that my computer room is a magor path way from one end of the house to the other.

I got my sisters guine pig in the same room too.

And the computer is one the ground.

Part from the sharing the "joys" of moving back in with my folks, I also got the problem with my room being rather dusty not mater how many times i vacuum it.

I would like to place the tower on the desk, but I like having my desk space.

jolancer said:
since your using a full tower and it appears like there will be a lot of free space of there.... you could make a cube from the Foam filter material, leaving one side open.. place the fan on the open end.... that way you have 5 times the surface area of foam filter material, witch means 5x the possible airflow.
I will keep that in mind when I am putting this sucker together.

charles_scott said:
Wish i was that good with mods and shit lol
Just need to have the right tools.
And most importantly just think things out for a while on how you are going to do things.

P.P. Mguire said:
THat looks kickass already.

That is what I sead too

DSC02311.jpg

DSC02314.jpg

basically the same thing you did, but i did it a few months back. i wanna keep mine white

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom