changing the default look of a windows file-folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaross

Baseband Member
WITHOGHT A PROGRAM! Im sick of all this bs that these programs give me. there has got to be the source graphic for a simple file folder .ico somewhere!!!! where may it be? can i change it with another .ico file? I want to change the look of every folder all at once, you know, I want to change the source graphic, whatever you call it...

ok, I get that, just like replacing any file with the same name file, but where is the "shell" (maybe its called that) file for what im talking about located???

its definatly a possibility. but the other thing is that there are like several of the same. how do i know which is the one?

thanks, but i dont want a program, i shouldnt need a program. i especially dont want a program that wants me to pay money for it.

are you talkin about folder icons or folder background image?
the shell32.dll contains all the system icons and much more graphical shit in it. as far as the folder background image its in windows or system32 directory and for windows 98-2000 theres an image for the web view too also in system directory
but as far as icons go most of it is in the registry
heres the link

http://www.virtualplastic.net/html/icn_reg.html

theres also a free program that lets u change icons but i forgot the change just look for it

but the easier way i just realised is to go to folder options and select "advanced" on file folder and change the icon from there without any tools

no not backrounds. and it sounds like, if I want to change the look of all of them, the best way would be shell32.dll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom