pentium 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAYDALOSS

In Runtime
My friend had 125 mb of physical memory and a pentium 2 300 mhz 100 speed module My friend put a pentium 2 450 mhz 65mg speed module in his computer After he did that his physical memory read 64 mb. Is he better off putting his old pentium 2 back At least he had his125 mb of memory back again. Or shouldhe just put a extra 64 ram and keep the new 450 pentium

Windows xp he is using.He did get a error message saying his pentium 2 was lacking the necessary 100 mg of speed module
but the computer still started andwas workingokay.Its just that he lost 64 mg of memory

hehe, xp on a pII 300MHz!!! I wont even trust my Dell with a P4 1.4 and 512Mb ram to run XP, hahaha. But it has really shitty RDRAM instead of DDR so that slows it down a lot. I just think XP would bog it down more the ME dose and make it harder to play any games on it.

id stick with the 300Mhz and 128 RAM but i dont think that would run XP, at all thought the minimum requirements was 512MB for XP. Although i might be wrong, id say go with 98SE or ME or even windows 2000 NT.

Xp only needs 64MB of RAM. It runs fine on my old PC (see my signature for specs). Used it for years. IT also worked fien before I overclocked it.

Who else agrees with sticking with the 300mhz 128 speed memory rather than putting in a 450 mhz with a 64 speed memory module Cant you always put another 64 in there to make up the difference

if theres available ram yes, and i'd go with more ram at least 256 should do it, maybe even 384 if u have room

I use my laptop on daily basis It is P-II - 300mhz, w/ 128mb ram, I have dual boot win2000 & MDK 9.2 It works perfectly, including any office, internet work, and even mpeg-4 movies. But XP?? -
No way, XP would eat all 128mb ram just after load for itself.
Forget about XP, there's no real advantage in XP over W2k. I use W2k on my desktop (1gb ram) and not XP wtw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom