Any input on what else should I do for my computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SikProJ

Solid State Member
I have a computer that I spent a lot of money into building. I spent about $1950 on it all the parts and stuff were bought from newegg except for the motherboard. Was the total too expensive or did I do a decent job of saving? I was wondering if you guys can comment on what else I can do. Also, I'm getting another 120mm fan and increasing the RAM later on. But other than that, hope to hear any advice you can give me or even comments, thanx

DFI Lanparty NF4 SLI-DR Motherboard
AMD X2 Dual Core 4800+ Processor
1GB of Corsair DDR400 XMS RAM
Aspire X-Cruise with built in 420 Watt power supply
Sony 16X Double Layer DVD-Burner (DRU720)
300GB Maxtor Diamond SATA Hard Drive 16MB Cache
EVGA 6800GT Video Card (PCI Express)

next upgrade should be a second evga 6800GT tbh. After that the only thing is more memory like you said

More RAM and second Vid Card and you are rocking and rolling. Possibly a 10,000 RPM harddrive or 4. $$$ :)

My system is just for using, multitasking, multimedia and gaming now and then. I like to burn and create movies, stuff like that.

SikProJ said:
My system is just for using, multitasking, multimedia and gaming now and then. I like to burn and create movies, stuff like that.

definately don't need the second video card then. Like a mentioned earlier, a raptor drive might help speed things up a tad. just an idea if you want to spend more. :p

Well, here is a small little upgrade that comes in very handy.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16821104104

Ok. You can kill a bunch of birds with one stone here. The floppy drive is almost dead, but there are times when you really need it.
But, the biggest advantage of this is the Media Card Readers built in to it. If you have a digital camera or any type of media memory card, this is really nice. Just plug the card into on of the slots and boom! Also it has a front SIDE usb port which comes in handy.

I've put this drive in about 4 different PC's. It's really very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom