Spilled coke on keyboard, dishwasher?

Status
Not open for further replies.
nitestick said:
the electronics (in theory but hey i might be wrong) will be corroded to hell. only sterile water can really be used with electronics otherwise it all gets screwed up.

if coke cant mess up a keyboard, i dont think water can

No, if you want to wash it, use DISTILLED WATER. Do not put it in the dishwasher.

ph0rn said:
No, if you want to wash it, use DISTILLED WATER. Do not put it in the dishwasher.

Why distilled? Like I said I'm not running it immediatly after, I'm going to wait 1-2 weeks for it to fully dry.

Anyways, you guys think I'm stupid, the coke is UNDERNEATH the keys, its crudded up the keys so I cant push down

Dude, don't be stupid.

Go ahead, put it in the dishwasher on warm. Take it out and let it dry for 4-5 days. errr...

The time it takes for that keyboard to dry out will be more then enough time for the metal inside the keyboard to corroide & rust.
Then you'll have a large piece of crap with letters and numbers on it.

Then you can throw it in the garbage.

Or, you can collect a few hundred cans or bottles and return them, then with the deposit you can buy a new keyboard....

If you put it in the dishwasher, theres a good chance that it will melt because of how hot the water gets. I'd recommend trying your hand at ebay. If you don't want to or can't do ebay, try using a wet rag. But I think it's safe to say that this keyboard will never fully recover.
*mourns*

You could try opening the keyboard, taking out all of the electronics, washing the plastic parts in the dishwasher if you must, and carefully cleaning the electronic parts by hand.

I say just do it. Hahahahaha. Do it and tell us how it comes out. Then you can make fun of ureself for trying or just make fun of all the people who said it didnt work. Just try it man. Hahahahaha.

i think its safe to say this keyboard has gone to HID heaven by now. seriously just go buy an el-cheapo keyboard. PZEROFGH lol you are quite right, if coke didn't do it already then it's tough enough for water. but if you want to do it hardcore hobbyist electrician style you will dissassemble the keyboard and very carefully use distilled water to clean and dry it as you are going along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom