Which Proccessor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
doing more operations per cycle with a [usaully] smaller fsb which would provide [virtually] neck and neck performance.

It's a teeter-totter... the issue can be argued back and forth all day.

true enough but considering that a 2.2 ghz amd is suposedly equal to a 3.4 ghz intel I think that the comparison is off if it was a 2.2 ghz intel and a 2200+ then I would say yes it is arguable

and there yes I know there is always bias when this topic is brought up and could be argued all day ..lol

...I see good arguments from both sides, but just decide on this:

Should I get a Petium 4 or an AMD XP?

I would say whatever your budget you have look at the speed of chips that you can afford ie. 3.2 ghz intel vs amd 3200+ and then go with the amd ......(personal preference)

this is a batlle than cant be won. What one lacks the other has making them both great cpus. arguably the 3200+ runs the same as 3.2ghz c. I have grown up with intel cpus so i tell people to go intel based on there budget. a 2500+ will run better than 2ghz 400fsb intel and smoother

...well, I don't want to spend much more than 450 dollars for the computer. I DON'T want it with monitor, cd-rom, cdrw, dvd, dvd-rw, modem and all that. I just want the motherboard, processor, 512 ram, nVidia geforce 4 mx 440 128mb, 40 or 80GB harddrive, 400watt mid case (25 bucks). I would think that would be quite a few dollarz to spend on the processor and the motherboard.

Ok, what about a AMD Athlon XP 2600 versus a Intel P4 at 2.6ghz with Hyperthreading Tech? Which one would you suggest?

amd is not jsut value it the equivalant chip will perform very close if not better but dont make the mistake of thinking that amd becasue it is cheaper is a worse chip because it cost less it is becaue intel can chage allot because they have a huge brand name base ...but this is not what this is about

pc_boy If you dont want to pay allot and you have some of the components allready you may want to go with a bare bones system from somewehre like tiger direct. Then you get all the basics and can add the peripherals video card, cd, dvd etc later this will cut down your cost allot

I will use one of those system configurators on those websites, so I will choose whatever I want. I am just wandering what you recomand for me, if I do graphics, gaming, internet and some programing. You know, like which system is compatible with these and under $450 (for the parts what I mentioned above), and still be FAST! (the fastest) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom