I need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilyushin

Baseband Member
Hi guys and gals. I just built my own computer. It is running cs at a low fps and lags down to about 30 fps every 3 seconds. Here are the specs.

Gigabyte 81915p-duo pro motherboard
EVGA 6600gt graphics card pci-e x16
Maxtor 200 gig hard drive sata
Intel 530j processor running at 3.0 ghz
Corsair value ram 1 gig
Antec 430 watt power supply
Lian-li atx case
Lightscribe dvd/cd drive and toshiba dvd/cd drive

My dell 2400 with an nvidia 5200 pci bridged and 768 mb of ram performs better. I was thinking it was the motherboard drivers but i got all new ones from gigabyte's site. If u have any input on anything that could be causing this it would be very nice. Thanks for reading my post. Please help me so i dont have to call the geek squad... hahaha just kidding. :D

It could possibly be your PSU, but 430W sounds like it ought to handle it.

Yeah i got it from Best-Buy. So it should be good. In 3dmark03 it scored 7800. It jsut seemed to fail in the cpu test cause it was gettin like 1 or 2 fps in that troll part.

I'd have to say reinstall the game, or find some updates that work for 1.6. Because that game was made at least 6 years ago, try some newer games like source i'm pretty sure new games will have no problems supporting your new hardware.

I only get like 30 fps in source and lags down to about 8 sometimes. But the textures look great. I'll try and get some old drivers and then see how that goes. Thanks man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom