NIC Setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJCLAND

Beta member
can someone please tell me what these settings mean and which setting is best for online gaming.

100BASE T
100BASE T FULL_DUPLEX
100BASE TX
100BASE TX FULL_DUPLEX
AUTOSENCE

THANK YOU

100Base Full Duplex, and if that doesnt work try autosense.

Someone could give you an explination, but it would be more fun to see you actualyl do a bit of research.

100 Base T just refers to a networking standard that allows for data transmission upto 100Mbps.

Full duplex means data can travel in both directions down the pipe simeltaneously, where as half duplex would mean data can travel down the pipe, but only one direction at a time. Simplex only transmints in one direction.

The TX refers to the cabling it just means two pairs of twisted pair wires. FX i believe is fibre optic and there is a T4, which i think is four pairs. I'm not entirely sure why you are differentiating between Base-T and Base-Tx though

just set it to autosence

Thank you, It was set to autosence already and working fine, but seeing that it can be adjusted I cant help but wonder "could it be faster ?" Ill leave it be and look for something else to mess with.

CJCLAND said:
Ill leave it be and look for something else to mess with.
lol, i like the attitude... but really pratting around like you are is, in my opinion, the best way to learn computers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom