No Post, No one can figure out

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookiemonster

Solid State Member
Basically, I've swapped out parts and everything seems to work. However, when theyre all together, it doesnt even post. The parts:

Mobo: Abit KR7A-133
CPU: AMD Athlon XP 1800+
VidCard: 64mb Leadtek Winfast Geforce 3 ti 200
RAM: 2x 256 Cosair PC2100 DDR
Case: Antel 1040B with 400W PSU

everything else isnt very important since it wont even post with this stuff

After the CPU burnt out for no apparent reason, the computer has not worked. I replaced the CPU, but all the other parts seemed undamaged. I tried all the parts in other computers and cannot figure out what is wrong. Any help or suggestions would be helpful thanks.

Maybe the CPU socket was damaged in the process? That, or make sure every single part is compatible with one another.

I also tried another mobo and it didnt work. The parts are the same parts that I've used for 3 years and the computer ran smoothly. Could a faulty PSU make all the fans run, but not provide enough power to post?

I realized that I had burnt out my processor (I don't know how I do this because the system temp is usually like 45-50c) and I replaced it and it works. But I put in a XP2400+ and supposedly my mobo doesnt support it, I'm not sure what to put on the CPU speed in my bios. So what do I set the CPU, Ratio, Multiplier Factor to.

try a few things. clear NVRAM and see if it posts (remember to keep it on the cleared jumper until it beeps a few times). If it doesn't, may want to make sure the MBD isn't grounding out to the case. try running it OUTSIDE of the case. Just dont do this on fuzzy carpet, use rubber if available. Once all parts are out of the case try again if it runs its a grounding issue with the case.

Thanks guys, my computer works (somewhat). The problem now is that the screen turns off and then back on when I do something that is intensive. I'm totally paranoid that the processor will burn out (because it has a couple times already) so I set the bios temperature warning to 65 degrees celsius. Now, is the screen flickering because the CPU is starting to overheat, my video card is crapping out, or is that the temperature warning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom