MSN and accentuating the inherent evils of perpetual upgrades...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well all i can sudgest is to delete every posible piece of MSN that you can find on the computer, then install 6.2. But youv probably tried this and its hiding a file somewhere. I hate when software always hids shit.

I gues if that dosnt work your choice is to reformat and reinstall everything. Which is a pain. Or you can just learn to live with crappy new versions of MSN. Like Iv done.

cant you just use windows messenger, and dont complain about msn i think its great software and have used it for ages. They may make a mess out of everything else but msn 7.5 and others have been good. I personally havnt noticed the problems you have but have a look around on this site:

www.mess.be

it has lots of msn plugins and extras might be able to help you as well if they have a forum.

good luck on your quest oh mighty warrior that will battle microsoft till you die a cold death.

Cunjo said:
Sure, it asks first. and if you say "no", it says "okay, but you can't log on". Am I the only one it does this to? how can I get it to let me log on with the old one?

I have trillian. Used it for a long time. There are some things I like about it, and some things I don't. I want to use MSN, and I don't want to use MSN 7.

My favorite IM program is Kopete, but I can't use that so long as I have a Microsoft wireless card - I can't afford something better right now.

Why cant you use Kopete with a Microsoft Wireless Card?

Warez Monster said:
Why cant you use Kopete with a Microsoft Wireless Card?
Because Kopete is a KDE messenger program, and KDE is a graphical shell for Linux, which of course does not support Microsoft hardware with unknown chipsets... they don't have a driver for it, and Microsoft of course will never MAKE a linux driver for their Wi-Fi hardware.

Reason i don'y use windows messenger is that I hate nearly everything about that program, including the fact that you can never -really- get rid of it...

you want too much! lol it has faults but so do many other things just use msn 7.5 and be done!, sounds like if you want msn 6.2 so much you will have to kill windows and reinstall but why! man!! dont do it! its only an IM program!! *curls into a ball and starts crying*

baronvongogo said:
you want too much! lol it has faults but so do many other things just use msn 7.5 and be done!, sounds like if you want msn 6.2 so much you will have to kill windows and reinstall but why! man!! dont do it! its only an IM program!!

Because a glitch in MSN 7.5 has already resulted in me sending my email password to someone in an IM window I didn't realize had opened - I DON'T want that happening again.

Because one of the reasons I used MSN to begin with rather than msmsgs or trillian (note, -one- of), was the ability to use custom emoticons, which MSN 7 detracts from by destroying them as you add them.

Because nudges and winks are evil/gay

Because I don't like my IM programs crashing when I try to change a background or setting

Because animated blips in the contact window are distracting/annoying

Because more window area for bells and whistles which I don't use, leaves less for functionality.

Because inaccessable features (paid features) are obnoxious

Because I don't believe in letting Microsoft control my life

are those enough reasons, or do you need more?

nudges and winks can be disabled, the size of the chat windows can be altered, i have no problem with emoticons iv added plenty with no problems.

I admit most features I never use but i think its good software. You could try msn plus *gasp* I havnt used it since it annoyed me with crap i didnt need so if you install it look out for a checkbox about installing things. I no your pain *hugs* but at the end of the day whats done is done you will have to format to install msn 6 again due to your problems but is it worth it? its only a chat interface afterall and emoticons arnt that important really so cheers up *always look on the bright side of life*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom