RAID 0 Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShivX

Solid State Member
I have a problem I was hoping you guys could help me with. Im currently building my own computer. It has a RAID 0 with 2 80GB Serial ATA drives. I understand the whole process I have to do for the cluster size and such. The only problem Im running into is when I proceed into the Windows Install, it asks to load 3rd party drivers and asks for a floppy with my RAID drivers on it. My mobo didnt come with a floppy at all, only a CD with the RAID Drivers. Has anyone had this problem, if so, how can it be fixed?

Have you tried copy the drivers from the CD and putting them on a floppy?

I haven't done a Raid setup myself so I don't know how big the drivers are but most should fit on a floppy.

Yah lol. Just copy the drivers to a floppy. If your comp doesnt have a floppy drive, they are only like 10 bucks online.

OK, I was going to do that, I put the cd in my current computer and explored the CD, it has a folder named RAID, but Im not sure what to put on the floppy. Theres folders inside folders inside folders. Any ideas?

The easiest way is to buy a floppy drive (as Shredder said, they're about 10 bucks), hook that up, then at the point it asks you to install third party drivers, have the floppy disk in when you start the computer, and follow the instructions given.

Im not sure I understand, how would putting a blank floppy in do anything?

You should read the manual, it should say how to get the drivers from the cd to the floppy, if that dont work email/call the motherboard manufactor.....

I recently setup a raid 0 stripe myself. Heres what i did.

I plugged a floppy in, as i had one laying around. I went to the motherboard manufacturers website, and downloaded the most recent raid drivers. I then copied them to a floppy.

All you have to make sure of, is that when you copy the files to a floppy, make sure they are not in folders, no structure, just the raw files directly on the floppy. I put it in a folder first, and they werent found, so i put them raw, and it went without a hitch.

Whenever you dont have said disk for hardware, you can ALWAYS download the drivers from the manufacturers website, for whatever device you need installed/changed.

GL

I'm not sure if all motherboard manufacturers do it this way, but for my Asus motherboard, you boot off the motherboard CD, and from there you will have the options to format a floppy and then make the driver disk off the cd, then boot off of the Windows CD and use the disk to install the drivers.

hmm, that sheds some light on this subject. I see how that could work. Ill call the techie support and see what they say, but that does sound like how it would be. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom