Gaming system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well If I get 2 x 512mb of RAM then when games need 2 GIG I can add another 2 x 512mb sticks. Because it costs more to get a complete new CPU than another 2 sticks of RAM. Does that make sense?

Also will BF 2 work well on 1 GIG?

That's what I was suggesting, I mean the processor is a lot more pricey to upgrade, and pbviously harder to install than some new RAM.

BF2 will run well, just possibly not at the top of the ladder in performance. Now everyone thinks that this is a bad thing, but you've got to remember, only buy what you can afford. I made the mistake of originally setting out a £1200 budget, and ended up spending £1500+ for my new system.

Adding RAM later will greatly improve your performance, and will cost less and give you less hassle than upgrading the CPU :)

I'm not really going to be changing settings on games..just putting the disk in. i'm happy if it runs. Will this system be ok for that?

lol 7800GTX not good for it LOL! unles you cut it like some other guy to fit it in a AGP slot

Yeah, it can. Practically all modern motherboards today have 4 DIMM slots, and o you'd be able to upgrade to 4x512Mb in the future :D

Have either of you ever heard of the graphics card make "Inno 3D"?

Because I was looking at an Inno 3D Geforce 7800GTX card and was wondering if the make was any good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom