Choosing between these Motherboards and Processors...

Status
Not open for further replies.

subversive

Beta member
I'm looking to upgrade my system to 64-bit. Done a little research, and it seems like my best choices are between this ABIT Mobo and this ASUS Mobo. I am leaning toward the ABIT, because it comes with a $35 MIR.

For the processor, my choices are between this 3000+ processor and this 3200+ processor. Side note: the 3000+ processor has its FSB listed as "1GHz", while the 3200+ has its listed as "2000MHz HT Speed". I'm wondering if they're the same, since they are both HyperTransport-capable.

So which is the better motherboard, and processor? And why?

Unfortunately, I'm working with my dad's budget, and I'm already somewhat pushing it. You seem partial to the DFI mainboards. Why is that? I don't like that the second DFI board you posteed is not SLI. I would like to have that capability for the future.

Also, I have heard good things about the Venice processors, which is one of the reasons i like the 3000+ I was looking at, but I don't know if I can sway as much as $190. What makes that one better than the ones I posted?

the DFI boards, are excellent, great OC and great stability. the second one is a DFI nF4 ultra-D with 2 pcie16 slots, which you can mod it into an SLI which saves you about 50-70 dollars. all you need to do is change the things around and stuff and your done. you said your choosing between the 3200+ and 3000+ so i just said go with the 3200+ cause the only main difference is the clock speed. if you went with the 3000+ and a DFI board, you can be OCing like crazy, if you OC. im not sure. so i was thinking you werent going to OC so thats why i chose the 3200+ for you.

I probably will OC somewhat. (Never done it before but would like to fool around a little.) Of course if I can OC the 3000 like crazy, I must be able to do even better with the 3200, right? Although the 3000 is a Venice (and I've heard good things about them), and I don't know abou the 3200, but they're both 90nm type. (So they're prob. both Venice, huh?)

So it seems that the DFI boards are better because they OC better? They are also stable, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom