CD-RW's

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCdevil

Solid State Member
Anyone know anything about the Mad Dog or I/O Magiv brands? I picked up an I/O Magic CD-RW/DVD-rom unit, which also has slots to read 7 different types of media cards, and comes with Roxio CD &DVD creator basic 6. It has a cable that connects to a USB outlet on the motherboard, which means I loose the use of 2 of 6 usb ports. Not sure if I really want that, except that it come with that software, which is worth like $50.

So I am considering returning it and getting a Mad Dog, 52x24x52. $29.99 after rebates.

Any advice?

anything that says it comes with XXX bundled with worth $XXX is a marketing ploy. ignore it. if you don't need to read media cards than it makes no difference to you. if you don't know what a media card is for you don't need it. why buy a car with free umbrella if you live in a desert where it never rains?

losing 2 usb ports, i doubt you are planning to use those anyways. you can get a usb hub for more inputs. both brands you are considering are generic low quality. i say go for whichever is the best deal pricewise.

Thanks. Appreciate the input. I actually returned it, will just stick with my regular card reader, going to get a DVD burner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom