Everything works but no signal to monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan2071

Solid State Member
Hey,
I got my computer built today and everything seems to be working fine except the fact that I can't get a signal to the monitor. I've swapped out video cards and monitors I know that both monitors work fine but when either is plugged into my comp. they don't get anything, both the monitors are analog and my setup is:

Albatron kx18d pro Mboard
gigabyte radeon 9200 128 Mb video card
512 mb pc 3200 kingston valueram
amd athlon 2500 xp barton

I get no beeping from my speaker either, the fan on the 9200 is spinning so apparently it is getting power though, can some one please help me quickly!

- Have you loaded the latest drivers for that card?
- Have you removed the drivers that were used on your old vid. card 9if you had one installed)?
- Do you have onboard video on that mobo...is it disabled?
- Do you have "initial display" options (in bios) set to pci or agp?

Ok,

It's kinda hard to install and remove drivers, or check the initial display when i can't get into BIOS, (well I can get into it I just can't see it I guess) this is a brand new comp I built from scratch it has never been turned on before. and no it does not have onboard video. as for a fried video card I'm thinking no because I swapped it with My antique S3 savage video card just to see if I could get it to work but it did the same thing. sorry for not being more specific about the problem. any other suggestions?

Also if you have bad memory or incomparable memory you would not get a signal out. I also had these issues at one time or another
And my problem was a memory chip that stops working for whatever reason.

Just went to Kingstons website, funny albatron isn't listed at all in their motherboard configurator. currently trying different ram... and praying.

same prob

I'm having the same problem...no beeps no monitor the ram led on my mobo is on though and cpu warms uo when computer is turned on. did the new ram work?

Sorry no luck. I tried some geil golden dragon which someone who reviewed my motherboard on newegg.com also used and his worked. The only other option is the Motherboard is DOA I guess?? man this makes me mad, it already cost me 12 bucks to send the old ram back to newegg the Mboard will be a fortune.:mad:

(On a side note about Kingston not listing my Mboard on their site, I went to all of the websites for the ram that Albatrons site itself suggested I use and apparently my Mboard doesn't exist! none of the sites had it listed on their memory configurator. Just great!):(

Have a look to see if your motherboard is shorting...i had this exact problem and i forgot to put the step ups under the motherboard. Take the mobo out and have everything hooked up still and try running then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom