Why are ATI and Nvidia screwing so many people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beedubaya

Golden Master
I am so mad right now....its just plain wrong that both ATI and Nvidia are FORCING anybody who built their system last year to build a totally new system just to upgrade the graphics card. Im talking about S754 people and early S939 people without PCI-EX slots. S754 people are in the worst shape because they have to buy a new mobo, CPU, PSU, in addition to the graphics card just for it to work, and the 754s, although not the most current, are still pretty good CPUs. Its just wrong!

give it up......it's been known for a while PCI-E was moving in...they can't just sit by and continually make AGP cards forever...these newer cards are going to start utilizing the 16x bandwidth of the PCI-E so how exactly are you going to make that fit into AGPs current abilities?

Buying a new PSU would only depend on if your current one really sucks and is barely keeping your current system alive...other than that you'd be good to go because most graphics card comes with a molex to pci-e power adapter.

If you bought that SLI board that trotter linked, then like I said in that X1800 post, then you'd just need that mobo and the new card....

I don't understand how its 'wrong' to move forward with the technology...they gotta cut the line somewhere so they can focus on one interface and produce a good card for it.

by the time you even NEED one of these powerful cards, your computer will be dated, and it'd be time for a new cpu, mobo, and graphics card anyway...so I don't see why you're making such a big deal of it.

I didn't tell off a moderator...I voiced my opinion.

Meh, its only Nubius...who cares what he thinks.
The majority of the people here, as when I actually do go out of the way to help my people it's always less biased, less whiney, more to the point and more correct than any of yours :D

How long were you talking trash about that X800pro.....for a year straight or so?

Yeaaaaah

Nubius said:
I didn't tell off a moderator...I voiced my opinion.

The majority of the people here, as when I actually do go out of the way to help my people it's always less biased, less whiney, more to the point and more correct than any of yours :D

How long were you talking trash about that X800pro.....for a year straight or so?

Yeaaaaah

Your opinion is less biased? HAHAHAHA. All you've done for the past year is whore out TwinMOS RAM and assert your "know it all" presence on these forums. You flame anyone that doesn't agree with you and pick fights all the time. When someone responds to you, you say "stop being childish" but then continue to flame them. As the saying goes, and for some reason is IMPOSSIBLE for you to understand, it takes two to tango.

And I think beedubaya has all the right in the world to trash the X800 Pro. If I paid $400 bucks for a card that did perform as advertised, I'd be freaking pissed too.

And don't flatter yourself with the "majority of people here" taking your opinion. There are A LOT more people that dislike you than you think. Don't get too overconfident.

Yeah Nubius, you don't realize what people on this forum say about you behind your back...

And I have the right to ask this question and feel the way I do. When we talk about dropping AGP like Nvidia and ATI have done, we aren't talking about dropping ancient technology like balled mice or dialup modems. Basically anybody who bought a "top-of-the-line" system during the first 3 quarters of 2004 are now screwed. I wouldn't call a 6800 Ultra AGP with an AMD64 3400+ on S754 being obsolete technology.

All you've done for the past year is whore out TwinMOS RAM
Ehh, how is that biased? I'd tell the major makers of the RAM and offer TwinMOS as a side choice for less expensive all though good overclocking ram...

It's ok to be pissed about a card, but not for a year.

And don't flatter yourself with the "majority of people here" taking your opinion. There are A LOT more people that dislike you than you think. Don't get too overconfident.
it's not over-flattery...it's fact....I wasn't always an asshole and did infact genuinely help people which I don't do so much anymore because it's a bunch of kids like yourself either too lazy to look up info that's right in front of their noses, or it's stupid bashing of a product or company.

Hmm...why do you think I was asked by the people here at TF to become a mod....gee I wonder....not only that but I was the only person to frequently help through out the hardware and overclocking section....only person who thoroughly knows those sections as of now is Gaara.

So....to end this.....quit brown nosing to a mod, and 2, I'm not going to argue with a little 15 year old kid such as yourself.

I know exactly who dislikes me because I purposely go out of my way to call them on their ignorance when it happens.

I've even helped you in the past where youd say "AHH THANKS NUBIUS YOU'RE A BIG HELP" but now as I said, you're simply brown nosing.

The fact is, I know my shit about hardware and overclocking....I made it a point to excel in these categories.

Now go away, don't try and argue with someone who could run circles around you in these threads.....I posted my opinion about what beedub was complaining about and he had to go and make a smartass comment because he thinks that since he became a mod, oh well that just means the world because he can close threads! YAY!

Yeah Nubius, you don't realize what people on this forum say about you behind your back...
This isn't highschool beedub, things are said blatent in the forums :rolleyes: I know exactly what's being said, even from the Smods and moderators.....so you got one kid on your side.....OOOOH....good for you

I won't even bother going into all the times you'd sit there and do the 'woe is me' act and the countless number of times people would tell you to stop whining over the dumbest crap...or how many times you'd message me on AIM to complain about something in the forums.....don't think that all of a sudden you're some hot shit just because they gave you mod and like you got something over me

And I have the right to ask this question and feel the way I do.
Thats fine, just like I have the right to voice my opinion in response to your question without you making a stupid smart ass comment like "who cares what he thinks"

When we talk about dropping AGP like Nvidia and ATI have done, we aren't talking about dropping ancient technology like balled mice or dialup modems. Basically anybody who bought a "top-of-the-line" system during the first 3 quarters of 2004 are now screwed. I wouldn't call a 6800 Ultra AGP with an AMD64 3400+ on S754 being obsolete technology.
And I believe I said that BY THE TIME YOU'RE READY TO GET THESE MEGA CARDS, IT WILL BE OBSOLETE...or at the very least showing signs of aging.

I'm don't come online to build my life and make friends like you.....so I could care less what 15 year olds at this website say 'behind my back'...thats something only you'd care about.

Why you guys had to go and turn this into a internet penis contest all of a sudden simply because I voiced my opinion like you did yours is beyond me.

This is nothing new for computers dude, think of all the different memory and socket types we have gone through

You HAVE to know that when a new technology like PCI-E on the market and gaining market sales, it is going to become the path for future upgrades, especially with SLI and crossfire pulling it along

Hell, I just built a computer a few months ago, and in 4 months time the socket and RAM type will become obsolete and I won't be able to upgrade, but I knew it was going to happen, and always will happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom