are these temps ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As you said it's your cpu temperature. Different parts will have different temperatures. Just because your cpu temperature is high wouldn't mean your case has to be. If you actually went in and touched your cpu then you'd see just how hot it is (please don't). Adding fans is quite simple. But I won't rag you on to doing it if you aren't comfortable. I too was once in your spot with the fans which I had no idea how to install. Since this is quite an important issue that you 'must' address I suggest going down to your local computer store and get a fan. Be friendly and nice to the technician, and tell him/her your problem. If he isn't too busy (which in all hopes he isn't) he's install it for you. It's a 5 min job, so no big really. And if you have extra cash (approx. $200-250) get water/liquid cooling. Fans run quite cheap on the other hand. 10 bucks should get you going.

I think there is also an option in the bios to make the fans go faster, is that a good idea?

I wouldnÂ’t be worried about the CPU temp. Most Athlon XPs run at 50 degrees idle on stock standard cooling. Of course the more fans installed or water cooling would bring down the temps which is always a good thing. You wonÂ’t notice much CPU temp change by adding more fans but you would definitely notice a big difference with water cooling.

The thing you should be worried about is your chipset temps. 51 degrees is too high a temp. I would suggest perhaps more fans or an increase of your fan speeds if possible. Another option would be to remove your PCÂ’s side panel. Thus allowing free flow of air into your computer. Also if your chipset only has a heatsink installed and no fan then a replacement heatsink and fan chipset cooler would be recommended.

Your temps are fine. They are a bit on the high side, but within safe limits. If you are concerned, it appears that your problem is case airflow.

Buy a can of compressed air, follow the directions, and clean out your computer (especially the heat sink and fan, as well as the PSU and the whole inside).

Check your HS fan. If it is not spinning at a steady speed, or is spinning slow (as in your can see the blades), replace it pronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom