Hard drive toast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruo

Solid State Member
I am having problems booting up my first gaming computer build. I had my PSU set at 230V for a while and seemed to get nowhere, then further read in my PSU manual that it should be at 115V. After I switched it to 115V, it helped and actually started to install Windows until it got to a point where it stopped reading the CD. I came across this as a possible reason. But now I can't get back to where Windows installs to try and install those drivers. It just hangs up at the picture below. Did I destroy my hard drive by having it set at 230V like mentioned in this thread?
stuck0uy.jpg
:(

I doubt that your fried the hard drive.

Did you install the SATA drivers during setup? Your computer is recognizing the hard drive, but I can't tell if it can use it or not. According to the link you posted as a possible solution, I am assuming that you didn't.

Give the drivers a shot. Even if you did, try it again.

Well, I was finally able to get Windows to start installing like last time. This time I was able to get the drivers installed. But unfortunately, it keeps hanging up and says it can't read the CD no matter what I do. And yes, this is a brand new CD just bought days ago.:angry:
hangup4xt.jpg

Ok all is fixed. Being the noob I am, I purchased the XP update, not the full version. I never bought an OS before, I always had store-bought computers. Luckily I was given a break and able to return it and pay the extra to get the full version. Cool, my first build and it is up and running with no damage.:D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom